The Secret of Being the Living Sacrifice - Giving - David Mitts
Clearly, we are in unprecedented times in our lifetime. Never before have we seen so clearly the power of the fear of death stop the world. Man, who has in one way or another rejected the love of God, has replaced Him, in many cases, with the fear of death. The fear of death has a distortion effect on reality as perceived in the mind and heart. It shifts our faith. The voice of the fear of death causes us to draw in and treat other people as a threat or a potential threat. You have only to walk into a grocery store during the crisis to feel, see, and sense the avoidance and extravagant grip that fear has on people.
- Sufferings of this present time.
- This the word root pathos from which we get the term pathology or disease agent. This implies some kind of physical assault on the people.
- The pathology, the symptoms of disruption are nothing compared to the “glory” which is to be revealed to us or through us, either is current. What does the glory that is to be revealed to us or through us mean? Glory is the word for identity or nature. There is a new revolutionary identity coming to the children of God that is precipitated by the pathology. This crisis that was meant for evil actually turns out to bring forth a breakthrough in the Body of Messiah. The whole body? Sadly, no! Not all Israel is the Israel of God.
- The next verse speaks of an anxious longing but a better way to say it is an eager expectation. What for? A revelation, a new vision for who are the sons of God. There is a birthing coming of a new reality of the children of God.
- This revelation is so new and so powerful that it impacts the creation, the natural order, and births a new heaven and a new earth. This is where we are. Like Israel, we are distracted by the power of Pharaoh but he is nothing compared to God’s plan for a transformation. This tribulation is a sign of a new birth, a new age of a new reality of the Body.